I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hyper Life

This concept, originally planted in my head by Mark Nelson, keeps coming up in things I read, things I hear, thoughts while I am preparing lessons.  It is the idea that God does not want us to live boring and mundane lives.  He actually desires more for us.

American culture and much of American Christianity wants us to believe that a life following Jesus will be boring, restrictive, and incomplete.  Yet, I am led to believe lately that Christian life should and can be crazy, unpredictable, and spontaneous.  Following the Holy Spirit is dangerous and will disrupt your "normal" life.

I see examples of people who have decided to really turn their life over to God and rely on him, following him as completely as they can.  They live lives that others view as "crazy", not knowing or I perceive caring where God will take them next, but relying on him to guide and provide for them.

So, how do I let go and let God be in control?  How do I tap into the Hyper Life that God has planned for me?  For I am called by God, I truly believe this although I may not fully understand that calling.  God did not put us on the earth to be miserable and did not gift us the way He did without purpose. God's dreams for us are whispered through our lives if we listen.  So, we listen, we look for where God will show up today, we pray, then we listen again...

No comments:

Post a Comment