I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gifted In Proportion To Our Abilities

I never caught the part of the parable below (which must be pretty important since I think it appears in all the gospels) which says that the servants were entrusted with money in accordance with their abilities.  This was brought up in a sermon this past weekend on tithing in respect to the fact that we are not all blessed equally, yet as the parable goes on to show, no matter how much we are blessed with we are expected to do something with what we are entrusted with and the more we are entrusted with the more is expected of us (if I am interpreting the parable correctly).  I feel pretty blessed these days.  This then implies that much is expected of me (if I am in fact being gifted in accordance to what God determines I am able to accomplish).  This is a great responsibility that I don't think I have lived up to in the past and am not sure how I live up to in the future.

Matthew 25

Parable of the Three Servants

14 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone.
15 He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver to the last—dividing it in proportion to their abilities. He then left on his trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment