I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ushers, not Bouncers

I have been reading Bob Goff's book "Love Does".  It is great and inciteful in so many different ways, but one thought in what I was reading today really stuck out to me.  He talks about how we as the church, or followers of Jesus should think of ourselves as ushers and not bouncers.  This is in relation to Jesus' story about the banquet where those invited do not show up so the master invites those from the street.  Going back to the mediphore, God decides who gets into heaven.  "We are simply showing people to seats that someone else has already paid for."

No comments:

Post a Comment