I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A God Who Knows Us and Wants To Love Us

The idea that we serve "a God who knows us and wants to love us" keeps surfacing the last couple of days.  On the way to work yesterday, I was thinking back on the scripture that Francis Chan used in a communion mediation at Catalyst that we watched during our leadership weekend a couple weeks ago.  The highlighted parts of the passage, 1 Peter 5:6-11, are what came to mind during my drive.

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.


Then at lunch yesterday I was reading a post on Angela's friend Dixie's blog.  An excerpt is below

"How blessed we are by God who wants to BE with us! He wants us to know how much He loves us and He wants us to share it with others! He loves us all much more than we know. And you know what? Jesus wants His money's worth - He died and rose again for more than a feel-good moment here and there. He sent us Holy Spirit so that we can do more miraculous things than He did! Isn't it time we walked that out? Are you ready to get out of the boat?! I AM!"

Like this was not enough, the devotion I read with Kate last night was about how God created each of us uniquely and loves us for who we are, just as we are.

The thought was further reinforced this morning as I sat with Owen cuddled up in my lap.  I was reflecting on how different each of our children are and how it is some of those differences that I really love about each of them.  I am just starting to get to know William, but I already see things in him that are different from what I remember of Kate and Owen when they were first born and I am already falling in love with him.  It made me think about the thoughts above and how God knows each person on this earth and loves them for who they are, as he created them to be that person.

I have always secretly worried as we added to our family about how I could love the next kid as much as I already love the one or ones we have (and for the record I do).  This maybe gives just a little divine incite into that.

1 comment:

  1. Came across this today and it made me think of this post.
    http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete