I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Searching for God's Presence


It seems that the idea of seeking the presence of God as opposed to just seeking God (his will, his plan, his blessings, etc.) has come up quite a bit of late.  This is the topic of a Catalyst talk by Francis Chan that Ron has been circulating, I have seen it in scripture (Psalm 27, 84), I have seen it in devotional readings (see below), I have seen it in the lesson I taught in Middle School Sunday School.  It keeps coming up.  Obviously there is something to this.

So, God, help me be more mindful of seeking your presence.  If I am in your presence, the other stuff will naturally fall out.  Help me to remember that you are in control and to truly live my life that way.  Help me to put it all on the table, to loose those things holding me back from you, to turn my back on the sin that is separating me from you and your kingdom.  AMEN

Devotional Reading from last week (Psalm 27)
The title of today's reading is A Psalm of Fearless Trust in God. It talks about seeking one thing. During this time of seeking, it's easy to focus on seeking things from God instead of just seeking God--to seek His hand and not His face. Think of the difference between approaching a king to kiss his hand and approaching a loving father to kiss his face. God is both our King and Father. He is capable of meeting your needs and answering your prayers. But He also loves you more deeply than you can ever know. When you seek His face, you end up in a much closer posture to Him. Pray today that you will seek God's face and get closer to Him than you ever have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment