I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Choices

I am not sure where I originally found the link to this article, but it has been sitting in my browser for a while.  I just finally got around to reading it this afternoon and it struck me.
I wrestle with providing my kids with all that I can, while not providing them with too much or excess.  The whole Disney vacation is an example of that, along with the extra curricular activities that they participate in and the trips we take as a family each year.  Schooling is another area I struggle with.  I like our kids in the local public elementary school for many reasons.  We can walk to school, it is in our neighborhood and a lot of our neighbors have kids there, and it is a good school.  If it were not such a good school, would I still send my kids there.  I would like to think so.  It is a little more diverse than some others in Knoxville, but far from a "poor school".  I like that diversity though (both ethnically and economically).

Thought I would link this article though for future reference.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/thisisourcity/7thcity/why-we-send-our-kids-to-poorest-public-school.html?paging=off

No comments:

Post a Comment