I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Living Life for Today

Angela posted a link to a blog on Facebook (http://www.handsfreemama.com/2013/08/20/school-year-hopes/) talking about focusing the school year hopes for our children not on what we do not know will occur in the future, but on what we can control today.  This list of hopes for your child today struck me.

Today I hope to take a few extra seconds to kiss the top of your head before you go. 
Today I hope to stand aside and let you do it yourself … even if it takes a little longer … even if it’s messier … even if it’s not perfect. 
Today I hope to say, “I’m sorry,” and “I love you” because they are life changing, comforting, and healing words. 
Today I hope to laugh more than I sigh with exasperated breaths. 
Today I hope to view missed shots and off-key notes as brave attempts at living rather than failures to succeed. 
Today I hope to focus less on your faults and more on your freckles and sense of humor because they light up your face. 
Today I hope to notice the color of your eyes when you speak to me. 
Today I hope to listen to your words without judgment and impatience. 
Today I hope to extend grace for accidental spills and other kid mishaps. 
Today I hope to help you as you clean up that spill and tell you about the time I dropped an entire bag of flour on the kitchen floor. Maybe we’ll even laugh about it. 
Today I hope to give you a little extra time to walk along the edge of the curb, do your own hair, and listen to your knock-knock joke. 
Today I hope to catch a glimpse of you that suddenly reminds me how much of an extraordinary miracle you are. 
Today I hope to remember you are more than your achievements, more that your academic performance, and more than your behavior. 
Today I hope you see my eyes light up, not because of something you do, but simply because of who you are. 
Today I hope you go to bed knowing life is better because of you. 
Today I hope you fall asleep feeling loved right now, today, just as you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment