I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Meet the Gungors

Something made me think about TCTC and how I had seen that Gungor was going to be playing there. So I went to the TCTCinfo site, which led me to the Gungor site. A few blog posts on this site kept my attention there and led me to read the Who We Are page. On that page I read:

"As Gungor’s idea of God changed, so did his idea of church, so he and his wife moved to Denver and eventually founded a community of believers called Bloom..."


Michael Gungor and his wife started a house church.

I like how it started and I thought their Love Train idea was an interesting way to keep their community connected and involved. Wondering why all of this speaks to me so much.

2 comments:

  1. After posting this, I read Nate Williams' latest post about their assessment and James' comment at the end. Nate posted a reply comment asking how things are here at the same time I was writing this post. Just interesting to note...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are we not baptizing new believers and caring for the widows and orphans? This is what the video about Bloom made me think about. Has our participation in or method of church become stale? Are we just going through the motions to feed ourselves, oblivious to the hunger and needs of those around us? These are the thoughts your post led me to today.

    ReplyDelete