I don't know how all these pieces fit together or even if they all go to the same puzzle. Yet, I believe God has started us on a journey that will lead somewhere great.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Whatever God Wants

(Thoughts taken from Katie's blog "the Journey" http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/)
Everything we receive ultimately comes from God (suffering, joy, beauty, ugliness,...).  God IS.  Nothing happens outside of him.  How I view things with my human eyes may not be how God intended them to be viewed.  I may miss what God is providing me or showing my due to my "labeling".  I may miss seeing God!!!
Everything happens as God intended?  If this is true then I must accept everything I encounter as something that God planned, a gift even, and all these gifts point to God's grace that he has given.

"I label moments as blessing or burden. And I forget that all this labeling, it is not my right, not my place, not mine to do. To declare what is a gift in my life and what is a curse is to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, to sit in the garden full of abundance and beauty and choose the forbidden. The knowledge of good and evil, that was never intended for me...Suffering, pain, loss, shame – all these things I have blamed on a broken world, Satan even. But can’t a broken world and even Satan only give what God allows? Suffering, pain loss and shame are only these things because I label them as such. Because I, a sinner, choose to eat from the tree, choose to turn away from nail-scarred hands and ignore the grace and miss the gift. He is beautiful and everything He creates is beautiful and if I choose to label it suffering I am choosing to miss the beauty that is freely offered me."

“Does disaster come to a city unless the Lord has planned it?” Amos 3:6

"See now that I, I am He, and there is no god besides Me; it is I who put to death and I who give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal.” Deuteronomy 32:39

“Surely, just as I have intended, so it has happened and just as I have planned so it will stand.” Isaiah 14:24

No comments:

Post a Comment